Tuesday 5 March 2013

Business Profile : The Holiday Boutique


In this inspirational blog post we meet Emma Fagan, The founder of The Holiday Boutique. Learn how a passion for travel has turned this woman's dream into a thriving business.


1/ Please tell us what is a typical business day for you?
I currently run the holiday boutique along side my day job, which is working with luxury cars. THB (as we like to call ourselves) is an online business so everything is done electronically. Typically the day starts with a tweet and a Facebook update, then checking in with the PR/Marketing team - sHeLondon, Going through emails and orders, any next day orders are sent through to my assistant who will pack and post that day.

2/ What made you start the business and how did you get started?
We started the business simply for the love of travel and holiday fashions. I travel 4-5 times a year and always go away In the winter months for a year -end wind down. I have struggled for the past 5 years with finding holiday wear, So whilst floating on a pink Lilo in the sea off of the Phi Phi islands I said lets do this! The rest of my 4 week trip around Thailand was spent researching! Whilst is Krabi I thought of the name. When we landed back in the UK we started sourcing suppliers and brainstorming ideas. 

3/ What would you say has been your greatest accomplishment in the business world to date?
Hmmm we have only just launched the site so I'm hoping great things are to come! My highlight so far was a fashion show we did at the prestigious Whisky mist night club in Mayfair, we worked along side Elisha Francis Jewellery and put on a fantastic show which turned into a great party! THB Style!!





4/ What has been your biggest challenge in business so far?

My biggest challenge so far was when my business partner decided to leave, it was financially  crippling and caused me to put THB on hold, I almost gave up! This has been my dream for around 4 years so I knew I had to carry on. With the support of friends and family I've managed to over come the glitches and and obstacles. I'm extremely proud of THB and glad I didn't give up.


5/What are your future plans for the business?

I have quite a few things in the pipe line! Some collaborations and a secret sun lounge page which I'm currently working on! I want to cover every aspect of holiday wears, from bikinis to earrings and pedicure kits to sun lotion - all in good time.

6/If you had to do it all over again, what would you do differently?


I would visit a trade show!!! Pure and Moda were what really got THB off the ground! I badly invested a large amount of money in stock far to early which I did not need, it's a lesson learned.  

7/ Why is it so important to inspire young women in particular to follow their dreams?

It is important for young women to follow their dreams because life is too short!! If you have a passion or a dream I say follow it or forever wonder what if - find a job you love and you will never have to work again


8/ What advice would you give to somebody who wants to start a business in your industry?

I would say do your research, research and more research! You can never have enough information and knowledge. Find out who your competitors are research globally and try to stand out from the crowd. 



9/What or who inspires you in business and why?

Karren Brady and Victoria Beckham, both powerful woman with direction amazing style, super influential and strong. They know exactly where they want to go and get there. Victoria is a mother of 4, a wife, running a successful business as well as the Beckham brand! How much can one women do! Everything she touches tubes to gold! I've grown up admiring her - a great role model in my opinion. 

10/What is your favourite inspirational quote?
To be successful you have to be selfish or else you never achieve and once you get to your highest level, then you have to be unselfish. Stay reachable. Stay in touch. Don't isolate."

"If you're trying to achieve, there will be roadblocks. I've had them; everybody has had them. But obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it."
- Michael Jordan. Jordan's

Believe that things will work out… follow your intuition and curiosity… trust your heart even when it leads you off the well-worn path… You have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future… The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it… Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.”
Oprah Winfrey

Find The Holiday Boutique
http://www.theholiday-boutique.com/
@The_THB_Team

No comments:

Post a Comment