Wednesday 17 February 2016

2inspire Inspirational Woman: Jenny Garrett, Award Winning Executive Coach and Author

The 2inspire Network is passionate about giving women who are doing amazing things a platform to inspire and encourage others, Jenny Garrett is one such woman. Jenny’s mission is to transform the world for everyone, one empowered woman at a time. With her expertise in coaching and leadership, she inspires and motivates people, working with them to deliver career and life changing results beyond expectation. Women’s Coach of the Year 2014, APCTC award winner Jenny is a sought after executive coach and trainer, speaker, author of Rocking Your Role, the how to guide to success for female breadwinners, founder of Reflexion Associates leadership consultancy and Co -Founder of Rocking Ur Teens CIC. Read more about Jenny and be inspired!



Please tell us what is a typical business day for you?
Every day is different. If my diary allows, I will drop my daughter off to school, then I often coach clients face to face in London, or may be delivering training in a corporate setting. I may be speaking or attending a networking event in the evening. If not, I’ll be in the office, blogging and following up on inquiries.

What made you start the business and how did you get started?
The world of business chose me, I attended a coaching programme and knew that transformational coaching conversations was the work I was meant to do. At the time, the only way that I could see to coach full time was to become self-employed. I went part time in my role, built my coaching practice and took the leap to go freelance over ten years ago now.




What would you say has been your greatest accomplishment in the business world to date?
I think co founding my second business a social enterprise called Rocking Ur Teens in 2014 was a great achievement, which I did as a way of giving back after winning the APCTC Women’s Coach of the Year Awards.

What has been your biggest challenge in business so far?
My biggest business challenge has been learning to ‘stay in my lane’ and not get pulled off track by offers of interesting work when it is not really my area of expertise. I’ve learnt to know what to say no to.

What are your future plans for the business?
My plans are to accredit other coaches with my proven, successful method and support them to grow their businesses.


If you had to do it all over again, what would you do differently?
I would have charged more early on, and recognised my value.

Why is it so important to inspire young women in particular to follow their dreams?
I have a teen daughter so she is definitely my inspiration. I think girls need role models and to know that they can do absolutely anything they want. I think we all have a responsibility to help them realise that.




What advice would you give to somebody who wants to start a business in your industry?
Go through rigorous training, practice, practice, practice, get supervision, and treat it like a business, not a hobby.

What or who inspires you in business and why?
I am inspired by Dr Yvonne Thompson CBE, A founder of Choice FM who as well as being a PR expert and author, who tirelessly serves via public life.


What is your favourite inspirational quote?
No one is you and that is your power – Dave Grohl

Jenny Garrett
www.rockingyourrole.com
www.happenistaproject.com

No comments:

Post a Comment