Tuesday 13 May 2014

2inspire Business Profile :Meet The Inspirational £6 Million Pound Mumpreneur Gail Reynolds

Gail Reynolds runs her own independent Avon business  and is one of the top earners in the country, winning the award for the best Direct Seller   With no business background, no qualifications when she left school and no knowledge of the industry, Gail, now a mum of 3, has built an empire with over 2700 team members and an annual turnover of £7 million
Gail Reynolds
Inspirational entrepreneur Gail Reynolds will be facilitating a workshop at the next ladies day entitled "Mind your own Business" where she will help attendees to look at identifying where they are in their business journey so far. Setting their sights high and reaching out for both small and BIG Goals. She will also teach the importance of Professionalism and 100% customer quality customer service at all times. Find out more about this mumpreneur known as the "6 million pound mum" in the interview below:

Please tell us what is a typical business day for you?
I always start with dressing for business I think it is important when you work from home not to wear casual clothes and to make the effort because how you look has a big impact on how you feel and therefore how you work.
I start will getting my daughter organised with her lessons (I home tutor my 9 year old Rosie) and then it’s calls, emails, newsletters, incentives, social media posts and blogs.  This week I am also booked in to travel to Plymouth, Newmarket and Lincoln to deliver a motivational speech and train 7 Sales Leaders on our new Pay Plan.
No one day is ever the same, that’s why I love my business.

What made you start the business and how did you get started?
I started the business because I didn't know anyone in the new area I had just moved to. I answered and Ad in the free ads and within 3 months I was running a business of my own.  I simply made a call, got appointed the next day and started there and then! It was quick and easy and I didn't have to pay to try it either.

What would you say has been your greatest accomplishment in the business world to date?
I have a few:

  • I won team of the year in 2008-9 (the most prestigious award within the Avon Sales Leadership business)
  • 8 All expenses paid holidays over the past 12 years
  • 2 Cars, a Mercedes 220 elc and an Audi Q5
  • I wrote a book called Mum’s the word and won an award from the London Book Festival awards 2012
  • Direct Seller of the Year 2013 ( awarded by the UK DSA)
  • I was a guest speaker at Brussels European parliaments in 2012, representing European entrepreneurial woman.

What has been your biggest challenge in business so far?
Every turn in any business encompass changes, being able to adapt to the changes has been something I have learned to do and so much so I anticipate the changes before they happen and I have built my creative side to enable me to overcome the changes and challenges and actually make a better and even more successful business.

What are your future plans for the business?
Developing our personal and exclusive training materials for all our team members to use and duplicate.  Developing or website to be compatible with all mobile devices and having team members login area for them to access all training files etc.


If you had to do it all over again, what would you do differently?
Nothing, I would do exactly what I have learned over the past 12 years and I would simply eliminate the mistakes I have made.  In fact if I was to start this business all over again I know it would only take me 5 years to get back to where I am now (after 12 years of hard work)


Why is it so important to inspire young women in particular to follow their dreams?
This is what drives me every day.  Inspiring just one woman a year to go for her goals and achieve them with basic business building skills that I can help nurture and develop is what gets me out of bed in the morning. This really is my passion.  Watching women like myself achieve great things is the most rewarding feeling anyone can feel.

What advice would you give to somebody who wants to start a business in your industry?
Research the leaders in the industry 1st.  Look for someone that you would aspire to be like.  Ensure the team you join is one that you would like to be a part of and emulate.  It is important to be a part of a team that works as a team and enables you to be a part of something bigger than yourself.  Team work makes the dream work!

What or who inspires you in business and why?
I love to follow others in different industries that are successful in their own rights.  People who have built a business from the bottom up, with hard work and pure determination are my inspiration.  Jim Rohn is my favourite speaker and philosopher in life and in business because of who he is and where he got to. 



What is your favourite inspirational quote?
You were born to win, but to be a winner,you must plan to win,prepare to win, and expect to win. Zig Ziglar.

Interested in attending Gails workshop at the 2Inspire ladies day on June 28th then register at: http://2inspireladiesday4.eventbrite.co.uk. Gail will be running a prize draw competition for attendees of her workshop for a signed copy of her award winning book.



Contact Information:
www.gailsreps.co.uk
@ukgailreynolds


No comments:

Post a Comment