Monday 13 April 2015

2Inspire Inspirational Woman: Funke Oham, Founder or Women Mentoring Women

2Inspire interviewed Funke Oham who has been a grassroots advocate for women's empowerment for some time and established The Inspirational Woman Awards in 2013.
Funke Oham

Please tell us what is a typical business day for you?
No two days are alike. I juggle motherhood, working part-time and many voluntary roles. I start with my to-do list for each day and focus on achieving my top priorities for the day.

What made you start the business and how did you get started?
I started Women Mentoring Women to create a platform where women can connect, support each other and be inspired to achieve their goals. I started the network as a Ladies Club in Clays Lane which is currently the site for the Olympic Park.



What would you say has been your greatest accomplishment in the business world to date?
Creating the Inspirational Woman Awards in 2013 which has grown from strength to strength with support from inspirational women from the world of Politics, Sport, Business and Faith based organisations.

What has been your biggest challenge in business so far?
Capital. However I did not let this stop me. I have a great team behind me who find ways for making our goals happen

What are your future plans for the business?
Reach and inspire more women. Also grow our team.

If you had to do it all over again, what would you do differently?
Develop more partnerships. Relationships are key to everything

Why is it so important to inspire young women in particular to follow their dreams?
The young women of today are the women of the future. Following our dreams as women benefits us as well as others in our world. When young women start following their dreams early there is a likelihood they will continue to do so even when life demands a lot from them in later years.

What advice would you give to somebody who wants to start a business in your industry?
 Just start. 
If you can start from your living room or in a coffee shop. Don’t wait for things to happen, you have to make it happen. Don’t let a lack of money stop you, get creative and remember the journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step.

What or who inspires you in business and why?
My main sources of inspiration are my husband and the Bible.

What is your favourite inspirational quote?
No dream is too big, and no dreamer, too small

Funke Oham
funkeoham@gmail.com
www.inspirationalwomanawards.com
www.womenmentoringwomen.me
www.alwaysamum.com

No comments:

Post a Comment