Tuesday 9 September 2014

2Inspire Network Profile: Afi Ofori, MD of Zars Media

In this 2Inspirre Network profile interview we meet the inspirational Afi Ofori, MD of Zars Media, a phenomenal businesswoman. Zars Media was set up to highlight women’s leadership contributions across all careers in all business sectors. It strives to bring together women with drive, energy and passion, through our awards and leadership programs. An ethos close to The 2Inspire Network mission! 



Please tell us what is a typical business day for you?  
Wake up around 6am. I get ready, get kids ready. Drop kids off then go for a walk. I usually do 6 miles in the morning. Get back have a quick shower then get down to business. (Sometimes I have a quick nap first) Most people say do the difficult tasks first but for me it’s like the warmup before the exercise, I prefer to do the simple tasks first to get me in the zone.

What made you start the business and how did you get started? 

There are a few reasons however the main one was I got tired of building other people’s dreams. I wanted to live not to survive.

For me starting was easy, I made the decision to start and I just did it. I didn’t over think it. My attitude was jump, build wings on my way down and learn to fly.



What would you say has been your greatest accomplishment in the business world to date? 

My company is still very young however my first event was a massive success and within a year I have gone from planning 1 event to 5 events on 3 continents. In the corporate scene I launch some incredible successful events that are still running today.

What has been your biggest challenge in business so far? 

I don’t see challenges I see opportunities. For me calling something a challenge makes it difficult for me to solve it however once I look at it as an opportunity everything about it becomes clearer.

What are your future plans for the business? 

Create more events and take every event global.

If you had to do it all over again, what would you do differently? 

Nothing. Everything that has happened has made me who I am today. Wanting to change anything would mean I regret some thing’s and I regret nothing. Life is too short for regrets.

Why is it so important to inspire young women in particular to follow their dreams? 

Because we need to live not to survive.

What advice would you give to somebody who wants to start a business in your industry? 

Just do it! Over-thinking it would simply give you doubts and once doubts sets in fear takes over. Learn from others but make your own choices. Experiences Are Not One Size Fits All, Go Out And Tailor Your Own.

What or who inspires you in business and why? 

I admire many women who have made it in business however I admire and inspire me. I know some may think that is arrogant however I see me in 10/20 years and I admire me.

What is your favourite inspirational quote? 

Feel the fear and do it any way. Susan Jeffers


Afi Ofori
Managing Director
aofori@zarsmedia.com
Tel +44 (0) 1252612025
http://www.zarsmedia.com

No comments:

Post a Comment