Friday 31 May 2013

2Inspire Inspirational Woman: Atiti Sosimi


In this business profile The 2Inspire Network meets the formidable Atiti Sosimi, an award-winning business woman who has really defined the concept of "having it all" but living a life that she truly loves! Read on and be inspired! 


Please tell us what is a typical business day for you?
I have a very structured work schedule which allows me to manage my busy work/family life. I generally get up between 5.10am and 5.50am which is my ‘quiet time’. The family get up at 6am and are out for school by 8.00am and then my tasks for the day depend on the day of the week since I have split the business areas I service across the days of the week.  
I have face to face and Skype meetings, sometimes I am out delivering workshops or speaking at events, preparing for then hosting my ‘Tea with Atiti’ monthly events or working with my project manager on my Eyato accessories collection.

What made you start the business and how did you get started?
I have been a creative serial entrepreneur since mid 2000. Developing and delivering a high growth personal development business. I folded my company 2011,  I spent several months exploring what the future of my business would look like and made some tough decisions. Those decisions saw me start up a business which has evolved out of my last business. Previous successes determined business continuity, but the environment determined the delivery and practice.

What would you say has been your greatest accomplishment in the business world to date?
1.    Developing a powerful business brands that aligns with my values; celebrating your uniqueness (Distinctly Different / Eyato) Celebrate yourself, cherish and replenish yourself (Eyato/Tea with Atiti)
2.    Inventing the board game Shhh or Tell It which was described as a diamond by the then Argos games buyer (see website www.shhh-or-tellit.org) and it’s accompanying Facebook App
3.    Achieving Peer recognition through business award nominations and winning business awards
 
Atiti speaking to an audience with HRH Princess Anne on behalf of The Citizens Advice Bureau
What has been your biggest challenge in business so far?
Responding to change.
Recognising that it was time to pivot in a new direction using a different approach, maintaining business activity during this exercise and refining/ clarifying what the future business would look like and refining what it would offer. 

What are your future plans for the business?
To keep growing and expanding into the global marketplace whilst maintaining a lean and profitable enterprise.

If you had to do it all over again, what would you do differently?
I would probably give myself exposure much earlier than I did and not rely solely on the exceptional quality of my business services and products to bring the market to me via word of mouth.


Why is it so important to inspire young women in particular to follow their dreams?
We live in a world of gender inequality; life and certain care responsibilities seem to be disproportionately heaped on women by society e.g caring for home, children and family. So young women’s dreams more often than not end up on the back burner and often never get re-visited even after life has changed/improved e.g children have grown and flown the nest or circumstances involving aged family members have changed.
If women are to have a better chance at following their dreams then we need to inspire them as early on as possible with role models who have managed life and passion side by side in order for them to hold onto and pursue their dreams and they need to see themselves that their dreams are very important in order not to shelve them at the first obstacle.

What advice would you give to somebody who wants to start a business in your industry?
·         Clarify and establish what makes what you are about to offer unique
·         Ensure you have a committed market of customers who are prepared to pay for what you want to offer
·         Lock down your marketing and distribution strategies


What or who inspires you in business and why?
I am inspired by the gift of life, the fact we can make the lives of others better, more enjoyable, less stressful and more fulfilling if we chose to and as I choose to I am driven by my ability to use my life, gifts, talents and abilities to make a difference in the lives of everyone I come into contact with one way or another. I am inspired by possibility!

What is your favourite inspirational quote?
"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing." John C Maxwell

Contact Atiti
Eyato                           
www.eyato.com

Tea with Atiti           
www.teawithatiti.com

The Big Secret Comapny 
www.the-big-secret.org


Email          atiti@ah-tt.com
LinkedIn:   www.linkedin.com/in/atitisosimi
Twitter:      www.twitter.com/Atiti_distdiff

No comments:

Post a Comment